Academic cv, Papers and Publications ¡V Rosey Wang Ma
Rosey Wang MA is an independent academic researcher and writer on various aspects of Chinese Muslim communities. Of HUI parentage herself, she was raised in Pakistan and Turkey. She was a French language lecturer for more than twenty years before taking up a career in Education Counselling. She still conducts education training programmes. Her doctorate is on: Negotiating Identities: HUI, the Chinese Muslims
Her personal and scholarly interest in Chinese Muslims has led to research, conferences, and publications on various aspects of the topic, such as follows:
- Difficulties Faced by Chinese Muslim Converts in Malaysia. 1996 Thesis presented to the Postgraduate Centre of International Islamic University Malaysia for the degree of Master in Education.
- Integration or Clash? Primitive Observation on the Development of Chinese Muslims in Malaysia. 2000 (Chinese) Co-authored with Chu Hong-yuan, Cheng Yueh-li. Newsletter for Research in Chinese Studies May 2000, Volume 19/2 74, pp.219-235.
- Chinese Muslims and Their Ethnic Relations. 2003, Monograph. Academia Sinica, Taipei.
- Chinese Muslims in Malaysia, Their History and Development. 2003. In Chinese Studies of the Malay World, A Comparative Approach. (eds.) Ding Choo Ming & Ooi Kee Beng. Eastern Universities Press, Singapore.
- The Hui Diaspora, 2004. In Encyclopedia of Diasporas, Immigrant and Refugee Cultures around the World. Vol.I. pp. 113-124. (eds.) Melvin Ember, Carol Ember, Ian Skoggard. Kluwer Academic / Plenum Publishers, New York.
- Shifting Identities: Chinese Muslims in Malaysia. 2005. In Asian Ethnicity. Vol. 6, No.2 Jul 2005, pp. 89-107. Carfax Publishing, Taylor & Francis Group, Australia.
- ¡¥Ethnicization¡¦ of Islam in Malaysia, and it¡¦s Effect on the Chinese Muslims 2005, paper presented at the First Imternational Conference of Asian Philosophical Association. In The Vision of the Asian Community. pp.289-297. Fatih University Publications, Istanbul, September 2005.
- Identity Dilemma: Hui zu - Chinese Muslims, paper presented at WSSA Conference, at the Chinese Minorities, Selected Studies section, Phoenix, Arizona, April 2006.
- Bridging Communities: Presence and Contributions of Chinese Muslims in the Malay World, paper presented at the International Conference on Chinese Muslims, Terengganu, August 2006.
- Southeast Asian Chinese and Islam (in Mandarin), paper presented at the International Symposium on Southeast Asian Chinese Culture in the Era of Globalisation, Singapore, September 2006.
- Hui, Ho, and New Brothers: The Chinese Muslim Diaspora in Maritime Asia. 2007, in Chinese Diaspora since Admiral Zheng He. (ed.) Leo Suryadinata. Pp. 227-245. Chinese Heritage Centre, Singapore.
- Vanishing Legacy: Chinese Muslims in Penang, paper presented at the Inaugural National Conference: Penang Peranakan Chinese and Chinese Muslims, Reflections and Visions, Penang, February 2008.
- Being Muslim and Chinese in Malaysia, paper presented at the seminar Ethnic Chinese in Malaysia: Recent Developments, organized by Chinese heritage Centre & Institute of Southeast Asia Studies, 10 July 2008.
60 Pesiaran Syed Putra, 50460, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
e-mail address. : [email protected]